Through our funding from the Nebraska Department of Environment and Energy (NDEE), Keep Sidney Beautiful is able to offer four micro grants to community organizations located within Sidney and Cheyenne County Nebraska. Grant awards are based on the calculated total of roads in each village and and range from $400 – $500. Basic clean up supplies (safety vests, bags, gloves, grabbers) and dump passes (2 per grant) will be provided by Keep Sidney Beautiful.
Rules & Guidelines
- These grants are open to all youth-, veteran-, and community-based organizations that are located and operate within Cheyenne County, Nebraska.
(eligible organizations include but not limited to: 4-H, Boy Scouts, Girl Scouts, Local school teams/groups/organizations, veteran groups, local non-profits. email firstname.lastname@example.org if you are not sure)
- Grantee may only apply for one (1) grant for their group or organization. Multiple applications will result in disqualification.
- Grantee is responsible for the hauling and removal of litter and recyclables. Grantee agrees not to dispose of an unaccepted items in the landfill, or illegally dispose of items in any manner.
- Grantee will track attendees, litter totals, time, and assure all requirements of the grant are met. Grantee will submit a report to Keep Sidney Beautiful upon completion of the clean up to be reviewed by the organization’s board.
- Grant Awards are based on the total calculated mileage of roads in each village (not including alleyways). Maximum award amount for Lodgepole or Potter is $500 (5mi of road). Maximum award amount for Dalton or Gurley is $400 (4mi of road). Grantees are not guaranteed the village option of their choice, however, KSB will make every effort to place grantees in their preferred village depending on the total number of applications.
- Grantee is responsible for picking up and returning supplies to Keep Sidney Beautiful. Keep Sidney Beautiful will supply groups with safety vests, trash grabbers, gloves, and trash bags. All other supplies are at the responsibility of the grantee.
- Landfill dump fees will be covered by KSB.
- Clean up must be completed by December 31st, 2021